Before any procedure, you should be prepared both physically and psychologically for the procedure and its outcomes. Detailed instructions will be given to you for the days before procedure as well as the day of the procedure.
The steps involved in pre-procedural preparation are:
- Providing detailed information regarding the procedure
- Creating awareness of the risks involved in the procedure
- Collection of your complete medical history and performing physical examinations
- Discussing the medications that you can and should not take
- Performing diagnostic tests just prior to the procedure
Patients well-prepared for a procedure tend to have better outcomes.